Meitner Audio MA3
Integrated DAC with Streamer & Volume Control
Meitner Audio’s MA3 Integrated DAC is a ground-breaking product and the first of their next generation range. The MA3 combines Ed Meitner’s proven world-class sound techniques from their acclaimed DA2 V2 and DV2 converters, with network audio streaming functions from their popular and simple to use NS1 Streamer and a high quality volume control. This results in a sleek, one box digital source solution of the highest quality at a price point which makes it the best value proposition on the planet.
Designed and manufactured in Canada, simply connect it directly to amplifier(s) and speakers of your choice and enjoy! The MA3 is the perfect integrated digital hub for any high-end system, regardless of budget.
EMM Labs and Meitner Audio have been at the forefront of digital source technology for decades and their flagship DAC’s are part of a handful that are considered to be the world’s best. So image a company of this calibre & pedigree making an all in one streaming/DAC/Volume control unit at an accessible price point. This is one of the most exciting products available for people who are looking to downsize their ‘boxes’ yet still retain sound quality far beyond the plethora of mainstream digital devices available on the market today. Audiophile bliss in a one box solution!
The Meitner MA3 incorporates:
- 16xDSD MDAC2™ DACs coupled with their proprietary MDAT2™ DSP
- VControl™ volume control used in our EMM DV2 converter
- Supports DSD128/2xDSD, DXD and MQA®
- Built in network streamer for music streaming service integration
16xDSD MDAC2™ and MDAT2™ DSP:
The MA3 employs the Meitner MDAC2™ fully discrete single-bit, 16xDSD, D-to-A converters, coupled with their MDAT2™ DSP which performs real-time transient detection in addition up-conversion of all incoming audio. VControl™ maintains the input signal without re-quantization allowing for complete transparency at any volume setting, wide attenuation range, and no loss of audio resolution.
USB Isolation, MFAST™ and MCLK2™:
The USB interface includes EMM’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation. MFAST™, their high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology working in tandem with their custom-built clock (MCLK2™) provides jitter removal from all digital sources.
Built in Network Streamer:
Connect to high resolution streaming services like TIDAL, QOBUZ plus support for popular music services like SPOTIFY, DEEZER, vTUNER etc. UPnP/DLNA support for network and NAS file playback, ROON READY and ROON ENDPOINT functionality plus direct USB audio file playback.
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs: USB Audio, AES, TOSLINK, COAX and Network (RJ45)
- 2xDSD (via DoP), DXD (352/384kHz) over USB Audio
- Full MQA® unfolding via USB Audio and Network (RJ45)
- Proprietary & discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2™) with Meitner Digital Audio Translator signal processing technology (MDAT2™)
- MFAST™ instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance
- Proprietary asynchronous clocking system (MCLK™)
- VControl™ high resolution volume control
- Galvanically isolated USB Audio interface
- Network streaming with UPNP/DLNA and ROON READY/ROON ENDPOINT functionality
- High resolution, Tidal and Qobuz and popular, Spotify, Deezer, vTuner plus many more, streaming audio services support
- AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV and WMA audio file playback
- USB service port for future software upgrades
- IR remote and serial port for wired remote control
- mConnect app for network control on Android, IOS and tablets
- Newly designed strong and elegant all-metal chassis
As the product has just been released, there are no reviews out yet however watch this space!
|Item||Integrated DAC, Streamer & Volume Control|
|Digital Inputs||AES/EBU, S/PDIF COAX, TOSLINK, USB Audio and Network(RJ45) supports up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB Audio also supports 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & full MQA® decoding
Network(RJ45) also supports full MQA® decoding
|Stereo Analog Outputs||Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA)|
|Output Voltage||XLR outputs: 7.0V (+19.1dBu)
RCA outputs: 3.5V (+13.1dBu)
|Output Impedance||300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
|Power Supply||Power factor corrected
Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
|Power Consumption||Max. 50W|
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|
|Dimensions||435mm (W) x 400mm (D) x 92mm (H)|
|Weight||7.43kg (with remote control)|
The manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications without notice.