EMM Labs DA2 V2
Reference DAC with USB
EMM Labs set a new standard for DAC sound quality with the ground-breaking multi award winning flagship DA2. Along with its ‘brother’ DAC the DV2, these DACs are considered benchmark products around the world and feature in reference audiophile systems.
MDAC2™ is the world’s first fully discrete single-bit D-to-A converter with an internal conversion rate of 1024fs (16xDSD) and is completely free of inherent non-linearity that plagues every mass market chip created to date. The EMM Labs MDAT2™ DSP has been refined and updated to synergistically work with their MDAC2™. The MDAT2™ DSP performs real-time transient detection in addition to processing and up-conversion of all incoming audio before being sent to the MDAC2™ for conversion.
The USB interface includes EMM’s proprietary hardware galvanic isolation. In combination with MFAST™, their high-speed asynchronous jitter removal technology and MCLK2™, their custom-built clock, jitter is completely removed from the conversion process.
The DA2 V2 features a multitude of inputs and support for PCM up to 24bit/192kHz, DSD, 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz), and MQA® via USB.
If you are looking for the very best sounding DAC available, there is no need to invest in stacks of boxes that will cost you 2-3 times this amount. You can approach it two ways. The first way is to research the very latest converter technology and applications. Research the studies, the data from all of the experiments and the various measurements that lead the latest DAC designs. If you do, you will find Ed Meitner’s fingerprints everywhere and it will become apparent that EMM Labs are ahead of the curve.
The second way (which we prefer) is to simply use your ears. These are music making, story-telling, emotion communication devices so just close your eyes, listen and judge how effectively you are captivated by the essence of the music. Feel how the music draws you in and convinces you, enthrals you… Do this and you are certain to join the legions of reviewers and enthusiasts alike who advocate that there is nothing that surpasses the DA2 V2 and the DV2.
- 16xDSD proprietary discrete dual differential D-to-A converters (MDAC2™)
- New high High/Low output gain control
- Latest generation Meitner Digital Audio Translator signal processing technology (MDAT2™)
- Enhanced technology for instant signal acquisition and jitter-free performance (MFAST™)
- Proprietary asynchronous clocking system (MCLK2™)
- USB interface with custom hardware galvanic isolation
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs
- 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA® support over USB
- User controlled signal polarity
- Custom aerospace-grade ceramic circuit boards
- EMM Optilink for transport or streamer connection
- Precision-machined aluminium chassis & remote control
- Service USB port for future software upgrades
- RS-232 serial port for wired remote control
|Item||Stereo DAC with Volume Control|
|Digital Inputs||EMM Optilink (CD/SACD)
AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF Coax, 2x S/PDIF, TOS & USB up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB also supports 2xDSD, DXD (352/384kHz) & MQA®
|Stereo Analog Outputs||Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA)|
|Output Levels (High/Low)||XLR outputs: 7.0/5.0V (+19.1/16.2dBu)
RCA outputs: 3.5/2.5V (+13.1/10.2dBu)
|Output Impedance||300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
|Power Supply||Proprietary high-isolation resonant mode power supply for silent & eco-friendly operation.
Factory set to 100V or 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
|Power Consumption||Max. 30W|
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|
|Dimensions||438mm (W) x 400mm (D) x 161mm (H)|
The manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications without notice.