Meitner Audio MA-1 V2
Meitner Audio 2 DAC with USB
The Meitner MA-1 was Meitner Audio’s very first product and immediately built the company’s reputation for excellence. With the V2 update this legendary DAC has been bought up to current specification so that it can continue to provide enthusiasts with accessible cost-no-object performance.
How was this level of performance achieved? By utilising the award-winning technologies Ed Meitner developed for the EMM Labs line of products. The result is a converter that turns the “you-have-to-spend-a-lot-to-get-a-lot” paradigm on its proverbial ear. It also happens to turn your computer or media server into a high-end, high-resolution music-making machine.
The Meitner MA-1 V2:
- Supports audio at sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz and DSD through all 6 digital inputs.
- Supports DSD128/2xDSD and DXD streaming over USB Audio.
- Complies with the USB Class 2 audio interface standard.
- Is simple to use. There’s nothing to configure. Just plug and play!
Feed the MA-1 V2 through any of its six inputs and the Meitner Frequency Acquisition System (MFAST™) instantly acquires the signal, buffers it, then strips jitter out completely. A high-speed asynchronous system, it decouples input from output. MFAST™ ensures that you’ll enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
From there, the signal goes straight into the newly updated Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) which upsamples digital audio to DSD512/8xDSD, eight times the SACD standard sampling rate.
The MA-1 V2 features the updated MDAC™ dual differential discrete D-to-A and MCLK™ high-purity master clock modules. Many digital connoisseurs believe that this is the best DAC/Clock combination in the world, and it’s available to enjoy in this DAC at this price point!
In this case, ‘enjoy’ is definitely what this DAC delivers. From the first moment of an audition, it becomes obvious that you are listening to something special and we are happy to report that the legend lives on. This remains the definitive Meitner product – making high end technology and great sound quality more affordable. This may be the first audio product that’s equally appealing to those on a budget, and those with no budget limitations at all.
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs, USB Audio, AES, TOSLINK and COAX inputs.
- 2xDSD (via DoP), DXD (352/384kHz) over USB Audio.
- MFAST™ asynchronous technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free performance.
- MDAT2™ signal processing technology with DSD512/8xDSD upsampling while preserving phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of the waveform.
- MDAC™ discrete dual differential D-to-A conversion circuit.
- MCLK™ high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter performance.
- Galvanically isolated USB Audio interface.
- USB service port for future software upgrades.
- Sleek credit-card style remote and serial port for wired remote control.
|Digital Inputs||AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF COAX, 2x TOSLINK, USB Audio supports up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD.
USB Audio also supports 2xDSD and DXD (352/384kHz).
|Stereo Analog Outputs||Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA)|
|Output Voltage||XLR outputs: 4.6V (+15.45dBu)
RCA outputs: 2.3V (+9.45dBu)
|Output Impedance||300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
|Power Supply||Power factor corrected
Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
|Power Consumption||Max. 50W|
|Country of Manufacture||Canada|
|Dimensions||435mm (W) x 400mm (D) x 92mm (H)|
|Weight||7.43kg (with remote control)|
The manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications without notice.