REVO 70W Stereo Integrated Amplifier
The Norma REVO IPA-70B integrated amplifier was created as a result of a challenge. The challenge of offering a full-function integrated amplifier with an advanced design, top-notch build quality, audiophile quality performance level whilst maintaining an accessible price. Thanks to the many years of experience gained designing audiophile amplifiers, a talented engineering team and ultra-modern manufacturing processes, the challenge was successful.
The Norma REVO IPA-70B is in essence the result of combining passion, creativity and an unadulterated love for music with Italian flair and electronic design finesse. Integrated amplifiers in this segment of the market are not normally renowned as ‘reference level’ sound quality as there are many traditional compromises that are taken by designers to make products commercially viable in the segment. Enrico Rossi pondered the challenge of how to break this mould and produce an integrated amplifier that fulfilled the needs of the most demanding music lover without exhibiting the ‘normal’ limitations. The IPA-70B offer a level of refinement and listening pleasure unknown to this segment of the market – until now.
Transparency, timbral neutrality, transient attack, great dynamics yet having the ability of reproducing even the smallest nuances of the musical signal, both at high and low volumes. These characteristics express a lot more than its deliberately compact dimensions would lead you to expect.
The external design of the Norma Revo IPA-70B, like many Italian masterpieces, express the synthesis of form & function, technology and aesthetic. As if they were forged by a harmonic dialogue between tense lines and smooth junctions, the shape appears to be relaxed yet at the same time loaded with a strong dynamic charge.
The internal workmanship is extraordinary and highlights a technical refinement that follows the same philosophy. The REVO IPA-70B uses proprietary circuitry, a regulated high-speed power supply, low noise architecture and is built with a careful selection of the best available materials. Norma audio pieces possess a sophistication of sound that is extraordinary at any price, embodying the designer Enrico Rossi’s technical talent and somehow infusing the culture and musical tradition of Cremona.
The REVO IPA integrated amplifiers can be ordered with the following options if desired:
- Phono option to suit MM & MC cartridges, multiple gain and input impedance settings
- Optional USB input board, DSD compatible
- Extreme low noise, high speed schematic topology and wide band (>1 MHz).
- High current MOSFET power device (100 A output peak current).
- 8 power devices for a total rated 1,000W power handling capability.
- Semiconductor selected and matching for Left & Right channel.
- PCB Board with wide ground plane.
- Separate ground plane power supply for Gain, Driver and Output stage.
- High speed and low noise regulated power supply for gain and driver stage.
- High filtering capacity with numerous and low impedance capacitors.
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame.
- Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow, low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with low output impedance.
- Remote control of all functions with NORMA RC-A remote control.
- Two-speed volume control (Fine and Fast).
- Available with a PHONO Stage option (high quality phono stage, for MM and MC pick-up).
- Protection for DC signal sensitive speakers.
- Inputs selection by relay with GOLD/PALLADIUM contacts.
- Stand-by mode switches off the microprocessor one the command is executed, so as to cancel any interference towards the analogue signal.
Note: Specification subject to change without notice.
|Item||Integrated amplifier with full remote control|
|Inputs||1 Phono MM/MC, 4 Line RCA, 1 Direct (AV) IN|
|Input Impedance||10 Kohm|
|Outputs||1 REC OUT, 2 pairs of Main Speaker Outputs|
|Phono||MM / MC|
|Phono Input Impedance||47 Kohm, 1 Kohm, 500 Ohm, 100 Ohm, Spare|
|Phono Gain||34 dB, 38 dB, 42 dB, 46 dB, 50 dB, 52 dB, Spare|
|Speaker outputs||2 pair main output|
|Frequency Response||0-800 KHz (Volume at maximum)|
|Output Power||70 W RMS / 8 Ohm – 140W RMS / 4 Ohm (each channel)|
|Output Current||24A continuous, 100A peak (each channel)|
|Transformer||Toroidal Special Audio Use, 300 VA|
|Gain Sensitivity||34 dB, 470 mV for 70 W / 8 Ohm|
|Supply||230 VAC / 50 Hz (100V AC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some countries)|
|Dimensions||(H) 75mm x (W) 430mm x (D) 350mm (excluding footers and rear connections)|