High Performance DAC with Variable or Fixed Output
The Norma HS-DA1 range represents a new generation of DACs designed to play the content of high resolution music files at their best. They are designed with high functionality and flexibility in mind. Their technical capabilities match those of equipment costing many multiples more and beyond the specifications, all aspects that are relevant to the sound reproduction have been given the utmost attention.
Staying within an accessible budget, you can finally truly appreciate the actual quality of high resolution files without the limitations imposed by inadequate implementation. Conversion and sound quality, operational capabilities and versatility place the NORMA HS-DA1 range at the top of high-end DACs in this price range. The fully modular architecture turns this DAC into a unique product, which is able to meet even the most discerning user’s needs and can be easily updated in the future.
The Norma HS-DA1-VAR offers all the features of an evolved DAC and is equipped with 5 full-bandwidth digital inputs (24-bit, 192KHz, USB and SPDIF), and both RCA and XLR analog outputs. It is equipped with variable output levels, a remote control and the ability to conveniently select between a fixed and a variable output mode. In this way, it is possible to connect a power amplifier directly to the HS-DA1-VAR. The option to control the volume level offers the possibility to eliminate a pre-amplifier, thus achieving a more direct musical path and eliminating a set of cables.
There are many DACs available in the market today. Most of them are variations of the same mass-produced circuitry that may give you a good, reliable result. Alternatively, the Norma HS-DA1-VAR is a made to order, low volume, high quality design that has resulted from 20 years of development by the one designer and hand built by Enrico Rossi himself. Loved by a growing number of audiophiles around the world, the Norma HS-DA1-VAR will bring your digital music to life.
- 5 digital inputs, USB, 2 x SPDIF RCA, SPDIF OPTICAL, AES-EBU. USB input and SPDIF full bandwidth, up to 24 Bit / 192 kHz.
- Possibility to select the oversampling frequency 44.1 kHz, 48.0 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96.0 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192.0 kHz or AUTO.
- Possibility to customise for each digital input all parameters, including the value of oversampling, clock source, digital filter, phase.
- Possibility to use as the master D/A clock source the local oscillator or the clock form input signal.
- Two separate local clock oscillator for the two values , 22MHz / 24 MHz (44.1 / 48KHz).
- Local Oscillator high stability, low jitter and low phase noise.
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter.
- Digital filter x8 (or x4) oversampling.
- User selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow).
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion.
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier.
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed.
- Wide band ( >2 MHz ) schematic topology.
- RCA and Balanced output connection.
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage.
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors.
- 15 Power supply regulators.
- Toroidal transformer specially designed for audio applications.
- Variable output level, with Direct/Variable selection.
- Remote control of all functions.
Note: Specification subject to change without notice.
|Item||DAC Source with Fixed or Variable Output’|
|Inputs||INPUT 1 : USB, 2.0 High Speed
INPUT 2 : SPDIF RCA, 75 Ohms
INPUT 3 : AES/EBU XLR, 110 Ohms
INPUT 4 : TOSLINK OPTICAL, 96kHz, (192.0kHz may be achieved, but not guaranteed)
INPUT 5 : SPDIF RCA, 75 Ohms (can be set as SPDIF Output by CD Mechanism)
|Outputs Control Level||Variable by Analog Potentiometer, with digital servo control|
|Output Configuration||Fixed or Variable|
|Command||Front panel buttons or Remote Control|
|Sampling Frequencies||44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 176.4kHz, 48.0kHz, 96.0kHz, 192.0kHz|
|UpSampling Frequencies||44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 176.4kHz, 48.0kHz, 96.0kHz, 192.0kHz, AUTO MODE|
|Clock performance||+/- 2ppm typ. at 25°, +/- 10ppm at 60°|
|Digital Filter||Slow & Sharp mode, based on TI DF1706|
|De-emphasis||44.1kHz, 48.0kHz, auto e-manual mode|
|Connection Outputs||Line RCA output, XLR Balanced|
|Output Voltage||3.0V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0dB), 6.0V RMS (+16 dBV) XLR (at 0dB)|
|Output Impedance||200 Ohm|
|Analogue Output Filter||0,0 to 180 kHz +/- 3 dB|
|Analogue Stage Frequency Response||0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB|
|Oversampling||DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter|
|Oversampling Filter||User selectable Sharp & Slow Roll-off filter response|
|D/A Converter||PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter|
|I/V Conversion||I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with discrete components|
|Output Stage||Proprietary topology with discrete component, high linearity & low noise|
|Supply||230 VAC / 50Hz (100 VAC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some countries)|
|Dimensions||(HxWxD): (H) 126mm x (W) 215mm x (D) 350mm
(excluding footers and rear connections)