REVO CDP-1BR Reference CD Player
For many years Norma has been researching ways to offer the highest possible quality products, including digital sources without incurring the extreme costs of high-end product performance. It is a common experience for audiophiles that the sound of digital sources is often (though not always) of low quality and inferior to the best analogue sources. It is widely believed that the reasons for this are attributable to the actual CD standard (16-bit 44.100 kHz). According to Norma’s designer Enrico Rossi, this is not completely true. He believes that a major reason is also the way which CD players are made.
The Norma REVO CDP-1BR CD player is the result of twenty years of Norma experience in the production of analogue audio at the highest levels. Every aspect of the design is designed to extract, respect and faithfully reproduce information that already exists on the CD. This is a CD player for the listener who wants just that, a CD player to enjoy their CD collection and nothing else. If you are looking for high quality CD replay only then this could be the CD player for you.
Listening to a Norma REVO CDP-1BR CD player will surprise you when you hear the sound from CDs you think you already know. The initial obvious difference is that the typical harshness, or ‘brightness’ of the traditional CD digital sound is missing, but at the same time you can hear much more information and experience greater dynamic contrasts. All this happens without listening fatigue, but rather with a sense of neutrality and a surprising lack of artificiality.
Perhaps even more spectacular is the reproduction of the natural soundstage. The Norma CD Player does not re-create an artificial ‘larger than life’ sound image, but really conveys the original ambience of the place where the CD was recorded to the listener. Many people who have had the opportunity to listen to a Norma CD player have reached the conclusion that, finally, a heavy curtain has been removed between you and the music. Now it’s like being seated in the front row and finally having the whole expressive palette available! No wonder Norma has developed a very loyal group of devotees around the world.
- TEAC CD Player Mechanism with 5 seconds read buffer off
- Two PCM 24 Bit Digital to Analogue converter
- Digital filter x8 oversampling with user selectable filter roll-off (Sharp & Slow)
- Proprietary I-V architecture conversion
- Analogue output stage based with full discrete devices amplifier
- Extreme low noise, high resolution and high speed schematic topology
- Wide band (>2 MHz) schematic topology
- RCA and Balanced output connection
- Separate power supply for Digital and Analogue Output stage
- High filtering capacity with numerous low impedance capacitors
- 13 separate power supply regulators
- Full aluminium non-magnetic frame
- Toroidal power transformer specially designed for audio applications, low dispersion flow, low mechanical noise, high permeability magnetic core with consequent low output impedance
- Remote control of all functions with NORMA remote control (Philips RC-5 Standard code)
Note: Specification subject to change without notice.
|Item||Integrated CD Player with full remote control|
|Output Voltage||3.0V RMS (+10 dBV) RCA (at 0dB), 6.0V RMS (+16 dBV) XLR (at 0dB)|
|Output Impedance||200 Ohm|
|System Frequency Response||0,0 to 22kHz +/- 0,3 dB (limited from CD standard)|
|Analogue Output Filter||0,0 to 180kHz +/- 3 dB|
|Analogue Stage Frequency Response||0,0 to 2MHz +/- 3 dB|
|Oversampling||DF 1706 8 x Digital Filter|
|Oversampling Filter||User selectable by switch, Sharp & Slow Roll-off filter response|
|D/A Converter||PCM 1704 Multibit 24 Bit D/A converter|
|I/V Conversion||I/V Conversion by proprietary topology with discrete components|
|Output Stage||Proprietary topology with discrete component, high linearity & low noise|
|Supply||230 VAC / 50 Hz (100 VAC or 115 VAC / 50-60Hz in some countries|
|Dimensions||(H) 75mm x (W) 430mm x (D) 350mm (excluding footers and rear connections)|