AG Lifter Dulcet 19 Gold
Reference Isolation Feet
The AG Lifter Dulcet 19 Gold Isolation Feet technology is the result of extensive research and experimentation in the field of resonance mitigation. Engineered to the design of the standard Dulcet 19 to the next level, these isolation devices represent a great value for money sonic upgrade to your existing system.
The technology incorporates a decoupled mechanical 316 grade stainless steel ball sitting in billet brass CNC machined upper and lower componentry with two layers of a proprietary nitrile compound. A uniquely formulated clear coat is applied to the brass components of the Dulcet 19 Gold isolation feet before assembly. The clear coat comprises of a two-pack epoxy clear primer with fine gold metal flakes and UV additives for a highly presentable and a highly durable finish.
This system absorbs and converts harmonic and air-borne vibrations into heat. There is no physical connection between the ball and the base of the assembly. Rather than resonate and add its own vibrations into the environment like a standard shelf, the Dulcet 19 Gold mitigates the resonances, removing the harmful vibrations from the component.
This is a no expense spared high performance build with some raw materials costing five times more than the standard foot. Why go to this expense? Simply because it produces better music! The sonic results are a clearer, tighter and more detailed sound, particularly the midrange resolution. The tones & textures are extremely natural, sound staging is scaled to size and an exceptional depth of field layering of the instruments becomes apparent, while retaining an excellent bass response.
Each AG Lifter Dulcet Isolation Foot is comprised of the following five components that are assembled by hand in order to make a great isolation device.
- The Bearing: The stainless steel 316 bearing is sourced from Japan and has been chosen for its live nature and open sound stage. Many different bearing materials were tested during the design phase.
- The Top Section: Billet brass has been chosen for the premium AG Lifter Dulcet Gold Isolation Foot as brass has been determined to be the ultimate metal for its dampening properties. The coating for the AG Lifter Dulcet Gold Isolation Foot is proprietary to AG Lifter – a specially formulated two-pack clear coat with gold metal flakes and a UV additive is applied to the surface, ensuring an extremely high-quality and very durable finish.
- The Centre Section: This is the most technical section of the AG Lifter Dulcet Isolation Foot, with months of research and development having been invested in this area. Testing proved that hardness and dimensionality alone are not perfect characteristics for the dampening material. A Nitrile-moulded section was finally developed, with the formulation being proprietary to AG Lifter. The formulation, heat application, curing time and pressure are all carefully documented and repeated every time that batches are manufactured, thus ensuring a consistent high-quality product. Urethane was considered, however its life span over time in UV light was unacceptable.
- The Bottom Section: The bottom section the AG Lifter Dulcet Isolation Foot is manufactured from the same material as the top section and changes depending on the particular Dulcet model. A stainless steel 304 tensioning screw is included which is factory-tensioned and does not require any further tensioning by the user. The thread in the bottom section base also allows for a longer set screw to be used for fitment to the AG Lifter Crescendo and AG Lifter Euphonious audio racks (for upgrade options). Spare screws are provided for dealers to set up racks for clients.
Why do isolation devices improve sound quality?
The presence of vibrations of various frequencies, also known as ‘resonance’ or ‘harmonics’, can be very harmful to the performance of audio components. In a music system, resonance can be ground-borne (be transmitted into the system up from the floor), air-borne (be transmitted into the system from the air surrounding the system) or originate from the actual audio equipment. Factors such as transformers, power supplies and electronic components resonate at various frequencies and these vibrations spread throughout the component internally and then out to the rack and through the rest of the system, mixing with vibrations caused by other pieces of equipment.
The performance of audio components are affected by these vibrations and in some cases they micro-phonically pick up these frequencies and repeat them, causing reverberations. The presence of resonances in a music system can result in a higher noise floor, ghosting effect, low level hum, a smearing, or lack of clarity of sound, blurriness or hard, glassy edge to your music. Isolation devices mitigate these resonances, thus allowing the equipment to operate the way it was designed and to perform optimally.
What are the effects of adding the Dulcet 19 Gold Isolation Feet to your music system?
- The sound becomes tonally correct and with increased weight, scale and authority.
- Sound stage height, width and depth is expanded.
- Quieter background, lower noise floor.
- Imaging improves and the sonic presentation ‘snaps’ into focus.
- A deeper, tighter bass performance with increased definition.
- More ‘organic’, or natural textures.
- An increase in detail across all frequencies.
|Designation||Reference Small Isolation Feet.|
|Weight capacity||Up to 20kg.|
|Isolation Technologies||Billet Brass CNC Machined Componentry.
2-pack epoxy clear primer with fine gold metal flakes and UV additives.
100% natural nitrile rubber isolation.
Custom formulated Nitrile rubber.
Stainless Steel 316 ball.