Aesthetix Atlas Mono
From AUD $22,500.00
Saturn Series 300W Mono Power Amplifier (Each)
The Aesthetix Atlas amplifiers are capable of driving virtually any high quality speaker and the mono versions are at the pinnacle of performance. An innovative hybrid design incorporates a bipolar output stage, bipolar driver stage, and vacuum tube input gain stage. They stand alone as the only hybrid amplifiers with zero feedback, essential for maintaining harmonic integrity, air, space and coherence. The Atlas provides your choice of full range or high-pass inputs. This unique built-in filter is ideal for speakers featuring powered woofers, or for audio and home cinema systems using outboard powered sub-woofers. Saturn Series design themes are evidenced in the specialised all-aluminium chassis construction and elaborate power supply design. The Atlas has enjoyed worldwide acclaim for its sound quality, build quality, flexibility and ease of use.
The Atlas Mono has the following features:
- Zero feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
- Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering. This single gain stage provides all of the voltage gain for the entire amplifier.
- Mono amplifier: 300 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 600 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
- Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
- Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
- Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
- Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
- Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
- Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
- All aluminum chassis construction assures durability.
- Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
- RS232 control and trigger for special installation requirements.
All of this attention to detail has resulted in a power preamplifier that transcends what is normally expected from an audiophile piece of equipment. The Atlas scales heights that are normally the realm of uber-expensive products and it does it with ease. Sound quality is the prime objective here and the Atlas is a phenomenal achievement. This value for money quality is spoken about in all the audio press and the Atlas has accumulated many awards & accolades. These reasons are why Aesthetix products have developed a passionate following around the world.
Select a Specification to Suit Your Needs
The Atlas is available in 2 versions, depending on the level of specification required.
Atlas Signature Series
- The Atlas Mono Signature use Peter Moncrief’s Stealth capacitors as inter-stage coupling capacitors. These provide more detail and information, while maintaining the same award-winning tonal balance.
- High current output stage power supply capacitance is doubled, increasing bass drive and solidity.
- Binding post wiring is upgraded to specialized audiophile 14 AWG, which further increases resolution.
- Another critical refinement is the replacement of all emitter resistors with a specialized metal foil low-inductance type.
Atlas Eclipse Series
The newest version of Atlas includes the use of new exotic capacitors, electrical upgrades including super-matched output devices and distributed node technology; advanced mechanical chassis isolation; and sophisticated electrical signal grounding. As an option, beautiful new polished-aluminium casework is available that is both more rigid and has better damping properties.
- The Atlas Mono Eclipse features the Stealthcap™ capacitor, made with exotic new conductors, dielectric material, and composite resins to dramatically reduce reflections, enhancing focus and articulation with blacker backgrounds.
- The output stage of Atlas Mono Eclipse features Super Matched Pair output devices, lowering certain output stage distortion components by as much as 40dB. In every version of the Atlas, each Bi-polar output device (16 per channel) is supplied power through a copper bus bar design, radically reducing impedance compared to standard circuit board traces. In the Eclipse version, Distributed node film capacitors are added at each output device, further reducing impedance for increased current capacity and improved transient capability.
- Critical power supply components: high voltage transformer, high voltage choke, and driver choke, are de-coupled from the chassis using specially designed isolation mounts. This dramatically reduces the amount of mechanical vibration introduced into the chassis.
- Since the transformers are no longer in contact to the chassis at multiple points, a single point system is used to ground the transformer cases, further reducing AC-induced noise. Power supply wiring for the high current section, already robust 14 gauge in Standard and Signature versions, is upgraded to the equivalent of 12 AWG multi conductor audiophile wiring.
- (Optional) The casework is replaced with machined aluminium pieces that are bolted together using a highly rigid joinery technique… they act as one. In black, the panels are polished to a beautiful reflective sheen. In silver, they are finished in a gorgeous matte texture.
|Item||Mono Power Amplifier (require 2 for stereo)|
|Power Output||300wpc channel into 8 ohms, 600wpc into 4 ohms|
|Input Sensitivity||60mV (1 watt), 3.1V (full power)|
|Output Impedance||0.25 at 1kHz|
|Signal to Noise||120dB|
|Bandwidth at full power||4 – 150kHz|
|Rated THD at full power||<1%|
|Power Consumption||100 watts at idle|
|Dimensions||457 (W) x 203 (H) x 483 (D) mm including jacks|
|Finish||Black or Silver|
|Warranty||3 years, non-transferable.|