Accustic Arts POWER I MK4
Stereo Integrated Power Amplifier
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® POWER I stereo integrated amplifier is affectionately referred to around the world as ‘The long-term audiophile hit’. Part of this reference has to do with the fact that the original POWER I was released in 2002 and it has been improved, refined, and evolved through several generations of upgrades ever since. The other aspect that has referred to it as ‘a hit’ relates to its consistently brilliant performance and reputation.
From time to time, all the right conditions come together, and a product is just ‘right’. So much so, that there is no need to replace it. Put simply, customers compare it to other options and keep buying it. So over the years, you just give it little improvements and refinements as the available technology improves.
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® POWER I incorporates a tried and tested circuitry technology that gives it a sound quality beyond its price point and the latest version includes a number of improvements. For those who are looking to downsize their hi-fi systems from multi-box seperates to one compact, high performance integrated amplifier, this is a great choice.
Alternatively, for those that are looking to move up from the level of high-volume mass-produced mid-level hi-fi into a bespoke audiophile brand with real pedigree, German handmade quality and a sound that is highly enjoyable, the POWER I is a ‘must audition’. Sonically, it matches well with all brands of CD players and streamers however it has great synergy with the ACCUSTIC ARTS® PLAYER I.
The POWER I has a very musical, tone rich sonic presentation with plenty of headroom and the ability to drive any speaker. It is one of those rare products where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and in the world of high cost high-end audio, that is rare. One gets the feeling that the ACCUSTIC ARTS® POWER I will be around for some time to come……
- Audiophile integrated stereo power amplifier with high output performance.
- 12 selected Bipolar output transistors of highest quality.
- Encapsulated 500 VA toroidal core transformer of premium quality for high output reserves; separate windings for preamp section and for power amp section.
- Integrated, switchable headphones amplifier of premium quality.
- Very good smoothing thanks to more than 54.000 µF power supply capacity.
- High damping factor for high output reserves.
- Integrated protective circuit switches ascents off when clipping, HF oscillations, too high temperature or too high DC offset occurs.
- Constant low operating temperature due to generously dimensioned heat sink.
- 2 x balanced high level inputs (XLR).
- 3 x unbalanced high level inputs (RCA/Chinch), can be configured as high-level input or “SURROUND-BYPASS”.
- 1 x unbalanced pre-output (RCA/Chinch), configurable as RECORD output or preamp output.
- Separate level adjustment for each input.
- Premium quality, gold-plated speaker terminals.
- Premium quality, long-term stable relays.
- Highly accurate microprocessor-controlled volume control.
- Encapsulated high grade volume potentiometer
- Full metal housing for optimum shielding.
- Front panel made of brushed aluminium. Knobs & buttons made of chromed brass.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® remote control RC II.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® POWER I is handmade in Germany.
|Type||Integrated Stereo Amplifier (Top Series)|
|Finishes||Silver & Black|
|Inputs||2 x balanced high level inputs (XLR)
3 x unbalanced high level inputs (RCA/Chinch)
1 x unbal. as high level input or SURROUND-BYPASS (RCA)
|Headphones output||1 x metal female jack 6.3 mm; <25 Ω|
|Output||1 x unbalanced pre-output (RCA); 47 Ω|
|Signal difference left/right:||< 0.4 dB (from 0 dB to -40 dB)|
|Input resistance||Balanced: 2 x 50 kΩ
Unbalanced: 50 kΩ
|Total transformer power||Max. 500 VA (watts)|
|Power supply capacity||More than 80,000 µF|
|Rated power output (at THD+N = 0.1 %)||2 x 260 watts on 4 Ω
2 x 170 watts on 8 Ω
|Rise time / fall time||4.6 µs with 4 Ω load|
|Signal-to-noise-ratio||-97 dBA (ref. 6.325 V) – A weighted|
|Distortion (THD+N)||> 0.015|
|Damping factor||> 700|
|Power Consumption||Approx. 60 watts (without load)|
|Dimensions||145(H) × 482(W) × 430(D) mm
5.7(H) x 19(W) x 17(D) inches
|Weight||22 kg / 48 lbs|