Accustic Arts PLAYER II MK2
Reference CD Player & DAC
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® PLAYER II is an absolutely top-class CD player and D/A converter. Every aspect of the design has been designed with optimum performance in mind with particular attention placed on the critical signal carrying pathway and the reduction of effects of resonance.
For this new version, the CD mechanism has been changed from the legendary Philips CDPro2 to the new CD Pro-8 which has been embedded in a massive, resonance optimised ALU block. The important features of the PLAYER II include 4 digital inputs (XLR, coaxial, optical and USB) and the USB input works according to the latest asynchronous 24/192 technology.
The PLAYER II is not only a reference standard top loader CD player, but also an exceptional externally usable D/A converter that works on the sophisticated 32/384 up-sampling principle and has both a coaxial and an asynchronous USB input for HD audio and DSD. For optimal connection, the PLAYER II has symmetrical outputs. This results in a high degree of flexibility, including facilitating inputs from a laptop, MAC, PC or a multitude of other digital source devices.
The PLAYER I is an excellent CD Player & DAC and performs at a level beyond most people’s requirements and expectations. So why produce the PLAYER II? The reasons lie at the heart of what many audiophiles are searching for…. that extra level of refinement, realism, and emotional wow factor. For those who are willing to invest in a no compromise CD player & DAC that extracts every extra detail and delivers an emotionally compelling experience, the PLAYER II is for you.
- CD player and high quality D/A converter in one unit.
- High-precision 32-bit / 384 kHz up-sampling technology.
- The new transport CD Pro-8, with outstanding sound characteristics.
- Solid metal cast chassis with elaborate mechanical decoupling.
- Storage of the drive in a solid aluminium housing (sub-chassis construction principle).
- Fixed CD in the drive by means of precise puck with integrated magnet made of chromed brass.
- Separate D / A conversion function through 4 digital inputs: 2 x coaxial (RCA), 1 x optical and 1 x USB 2.0 (24/192 asynchronous).
- Playback of various HD audio data (WAV, FLAC, ALAC, etc.) up to 24/192 from a PC or laptop via USB interface.
- USB drivers for Windows® and Mac OS X® are included. Playback of high-definition DSD audio signals.
- 2 separate, generously sized power supplies for laser control, digital signal processing, display control and D / A converter section.
- Very high-power supply capacity.
- 2 x 25 VA toroidal German manufactured transformer of the highest quality for high output reserves.
- Spatial separation of the analogue and digital sections in the D / A converter stage for the best possible signal-to-noise ratio.
- Resonance minimising metal housing.
- Front panel made of microlized aluminium.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® system remote control.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® PLAYER II is handmade in Germany.
|Type||CD Player and DAC (Reference Series)|
|Finishes||Silver & Black|
|Playable formats||CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Analog outputs||1 x balanced – 2 x 47 Ω (XLR)
1 x unbalanced – 47 Ω (RCA)
|Digital inputs||2 x S/P-DIF; coaxial – 75 Ω (RCA)
1 x S/P-DIF; optical
1 x USB 2.0 (asynchronous)
|Input data format||Hi-res audio up to 24 bit / 192 kHz
(ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV etc.) DSD128
|D/A converter||32 bit/384 kHz up-sampling technology|
|Distortion (THD + N)||0.01 %|
|Crosstalk||< 100 dB with digital 0 dB|
|Dimensions||165(H) × 482(W) × 375(D) mm
6.5(H) x 19(W) x 14.8(D) inches
|Weight||22 kg / 48.5 lbs|