Accustic Arts PLAYER I
CD Player & DAC
The new star of the ACCUSTIC ARTS® top series is beyond doubt the PLAYER I. As well as being an excellent CD player, at the same time the PLAYER I can also be used as an external DA converter equipped with a coaxial and asynchronous USB input for HD audio and DSD. These inputs allow the connection, for example, of a laptop, MAC or computer, or any other digital source device.
The heart of the PLAYER I is a high-end traction-feed drive which is exclusively designed for audio applications. The drive has a high quality and resonance-optimized CD tray in aluminium and is guided by two metal bars. The excellent sounding DA converter used in the PLAYER I works according to the well-established 32/384 upsampling principle. Its classic, pleasing design and ingenious technology makes the PLAYER I the perfect complement to our POWER I, the universally popular integrated amplifier of the top series and for a perfect connection is therefore equipped with balanced outputs. The ACCUSTIC ARTS® system remote control included in the scope of delivery completes the offer and is naturally also able to control the POWER I.
The PLAYER I has a very musical sound with natural tone, rhythm and textural shading. It will provide you with a highly enjoyable playback of your CD collection plus various digital inputs which give it a future proof appeal. There are many reasons why the PLAYER I has become such a global favourite but the most important reason is simple….it just sounds wonderful.
- Premium CD player and high-quality D/A converter in one unit.
- High precision 32 bit/384 kHz up-sampling technology.
- High-end tray loading CD drive mechanism (vibration de-coupled), which has exclusively been designed for audio applications.
- Damped, high quality drawer made of aluminium-ABS-compound guided with two metal bearings.
- Separate D/A conversion function with 4 digital inputs:
2 x coaxial (RCA), 1 x optical and 1 x USB 2.0 (24/192 asynchronous).
- Playback of different hi-res audio formats (WAV, FLAC, ALAC etc.) up to 24/192 from PC or laptop via USB interface; USB drivers for Windows® and Mac OS X® are included Playback of hi-res DSD audio files.
- 2 separate, generously dimensioned power supply units for laser control, digital signal processing, display control and D/A converter section.
- Very high-power supply capacity.
- 2 x 25 VA toroidal core transformer of premium quality (Made in Germany) for high output reserves.
- Spatial separation of analogue and digital section within the D/A converter for best possible signal-to-noise ratio.
- Resonance minimising metal housing.
- Front panel made of finely brushed aluminium; tray cover made of chromed brass.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® remote control.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® PLAYER I is handmade in Germany.
|Type||CD Player and DAC (Top Series)|
|Finishes||Silver & Black|
|Playable formats||CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Analog outputs||1 x balanced – 2 x 47 Ω (XLR)
1 x unbalanced – 47 Ω (RCA)
|Digital inputs||2 x S/P-DIF; coaxial – 75 Ω (RCA)
1 x S/P-DIF; optical
1 x USB 2.0 (asynchronous)
|Input data format||Hi-res audio up to 24 bit / 192 kHz
(ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV etc.) DSD128
|D/A converter||32 bit/384 kHz up-sampling technology|
|Distortion (THD + N)||0.01 %|
|Crosstalk||< 100 dB with digital 0 dB|
|Dimensions||130(H) × 482(W) × 380(D) mm
3.8(H) x 19.0(W) x 14.6(D) inches
|Weight||12 kg / 26.5 lbs|