Accustic Arts DRIVE II MK2
Reference CD Transport
The new ACCUSTIC ARTS® DRIVE II is the result of a no-holes-barred approach to creating the very best CD Transport possible. Every aspect of the design has been designed with optimum performance in mind with particular attention placed on the critical signal carrying pathway and the reduction of effects of resonance. It incorporates a top-loading design to exclusively play CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs in uncompromising quality.
The core of the DRIVE II is the new high-performance CD-Pro8 mechanism. Contrary to most other conventional designs, this module is equipped with a very solid metal diecast chassis that has excellent damping characteristics and simultaneously offers high stability and rigidity. The CD module with its 3-beam laser is fitted in the DRIVE II using an elaborate construction with mechanical decoupling (sub-chassis design) and is integrated in its own solid aluminium housing.
It is paramount that a high-performance transport has a high-quality power supply. The DRIVE II has two separate generously dimensioned and magnetically shielded custom German manufactured transformers of the highest quality which serve to provide a perfect voltage feed.
Attention was also given to providing the individual drive components such as the motor control, laser control, digital signal processing, display control and display heating units with their own separate power supplies. This prevents the power signal for one component having a negative influence on the power signal for another component. Furthermore, on the rear of the DRIVE II there is a polarity indicator for the incoming voltage. If the signal lamp lights up, the switch located next to the lamp is simply pressed and the device is then connected to the power supply with the correct polarity.
In order to attain absolute levels of performance, the DRIVE II exclusively uses selected components with narrow tolerances and the highest possible quality classification. Several of the individual components are also manually measured and matched together. There are also no compromises with the housing. Solid, carefully crafted aluminium plates combined with chrome-plated brass parts provide extreme stability and resonance mitigation. Stability is important to make sure that the CD being scanned can be read by the laser without any interference. Potentially disruptive energy is prevented from reaching the CD via a 2kg acoustically damped slide cover.
The laser beam is protected from negative influences by the solid aluminium drive cover in the inside of the CD bay with a special, light-absorbing paint (Nextel®). This allows 100% absorption of any diffused light present. The exact positioning of the CD is achieved with a magnetic puck. The basic functions can be operated without using a remote control through two chrome-plated rotary and button controls. The switches are equipped with gold-plated silver contacts which are corrosion-free and allow thousands of switching cycles.
The ACCUSTIC ARTS® DRIVE II is the result of a quest to build the best transport possible. Built to last an eternity and to deliver the ultimate listening experience.
- Audiophile reference CD transport in top-loader design.
- High-Class CD mechanism (CD-Pro8) with heavy die-cast metal frame and involved mechanical decoupling, embedded in a massive aluminium housing (sub-chassis construction).
- 2 generously dimensioned and magnetically shielded German manufactured toroidal core transformers of premium quality.
- Separate generously dimensioned power supply units for laser control, digital signal processing, display control and display heating.
- CD positioning in drive using exceptionally precise clamp, whereby the integrated magnet inside the clamp guarantees ideal pressing and smooth running.
- Highest quality digital output stage with a separate transformer, a separate extra-large power supply unit with voltage stabilisation and an output stage with extremely low jitter.
- All used components and parts are selected and of highest quality
- Extremely stable, massive and resonance optimized housing, primarily made of 10 mm thick aluminium plates, ultra-stable and acoustically damped top load cover; all chromed parts are made of brass.
- 2 premium German manufactured quality rotary switches with gold-plated silver contacts.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® aluminium remote control.
- ACCUSTIC ARTS® DRIVE II is handmade in Germany.
|Type||CD Transport (Reference Series)|
|Finishes||Silver & Black|
|Playable formats||CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Digital outputs||1 x S/P-DIF; coaxial
1 x S/P-DIF; TOSLINK
|CD data format||WAV|
|Dimensions||165(H) × 482(W) × 375(D) mm
6.5(H) x 19(W) x 14.8(D) inches
|Weight||21.5 kg / 47.4 lbs|